Frequently-Asked Questions About The Work Less, Make More Coach Training Program
If you're a coach who is currently enrolled in a professional coach training school or has graduated from such a program, you're in the right place.
If you haven't been through formal coach training from an ICF-accredited school, please click here.
OUR UNIQUE PROGRAM FOR PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED COACHES
Becoming a Work Less, Make More Coach is not about teaching you how to coach. You've already learned how to do that at Coach U, CTI or some other accredited program. What you want and need is to learn business development.
That's where we come in. Our program is about giving you the tools you need to build a powerful business development arm using Work Less, Make More as its cornerstone. And we've created a special 90-day program for coaches who have been professionally trained.
These are the type of coaches who join our team:
- You are a part-time coach who wants to give up your "day job," but you don't know how. Or haven't been able to up to this point.
- You use coaching skills in your life – and now you want to make it into a business.
- You're a full-time coach who has a less-than-fulfilling practice.
- You're tired of being the "Lone Ranger," and you want to be part of a dynamic team without having to work for someone again.
- You love working one-to-one with people to help them make more of their lives.
We've loaded up a ton of questions that will answer many of the questions going through your head. Please read through this carefully, then contact t he Work Less, Make More group to be guided through the application process.
- Why would I want to join the Work Less, Make More coaching team?
- Do I have to be a full-time coach/consultant to be a Work Less, Make More Coach?
- If I invest in this training, what can I expect for my money?
- How much does it cost to be trained to become a Work Less, Make More Coach?
- Is a finance plan available?
- How long will it take for me to get a return on my investment?
- What is expected of me if I am accepted into this training program?
- If I'm accepted for Work Less, Make More training, how soon can I get started?
- Can I use Work Less, Make More with my corporate clients?
- How many coaches can be involved in training at one time?
- Can I see some examples of the printed materials I can use?
- How easy is it to be accepted for training and certification as a Work Less, Make More Coach?
- Is the Work Less Make More Program available to international participants?
- Are there existing Work Less, Make More Coaches with whom I can talk about their experiences with your program?
- How do I know if Work Less, Make More is a good fit for me?
- I want to apply to become a Work Less, Make More Coach. How do I begin the process?
1. Why would I want to join the Work Less, Make More coaching team?
Here are seven reasons you'd want to join our coaching team.
We'll teach you how to use our field-tested, proven marketing system. That means you get to do what you do best: coach. No reinventing the wheel, no need to become a marketing expert. We give you the tools you need to be successful with Work Less, Make More without us becoming involved in your business organization, management, methods or affairs. Plus our marketing system is easy to use. If you use it, you'll see results.
- Marketing Materials
We've produced all the marketing materials you'll need, including web site designs, postcards, letterhead, flyers, note cards, business cards, advertisements, brochures, Powerpoint presentations...you name it, we've got it. Just take a look at some of the materials we give you.
- Work Less, Make More trademark
Work Less, Make More is a powerful trademark to use in the marketplace. Who doesn't want to Work Less and Make More? As a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach, you'll be able to use this provocative, well-received credential as a powerful door opener. We've found that many coaches and consultants are offering things that clients don't want. Although we can't promise you clients or profits, we will teach you how to use our certification trademark -- and our strategies -- to get clients to say yes more often.
- High Visibility
You'll also be a part of a way of life that's gaining momentum throughout the country. Work Less, Make More and its creator Jennifer White have been featured in hundreds of publications including USA Today, The Washington Post, Black Enterprise Magazine and Entrepreneur -- just to name a few. Every media hit we receive gives you even even more market exposure and more power to grow your coaching business with Work Less, Make More.
- Coaching System and Structure
Work Less, Make More is built on a 10-step process that's worked with hundreds of people during the past several years. We'll teach you how to guide your clients to get the results they want – and we'll show you how to keep your clients for a long, long time.
You'll receive hundreds of materials to help you apply Work Less, Make More to individual coaching, group coaching, workshops, speeches and training events. Overheads, scripts, exercises, fieldwork assignments, articles, products...the list goes on and on. Again, we teach you everything you need to be a success with our program. Everything has a process or a system to follow, and you'll be amazed at the results you create.
You'll also learn how to add a vital missing link to your coaching practice with our program. How many times have you wondered how to get started with a client, where to go next or how to deal with your own feelings of "coaching more and enjoying it less?" Work Less, Make More provides a structured, comprehensive program based on sound coaching principles that help equip you to build energy, vitality and results into your practice right away.
You don't have to be a "Lone Ranger" anymore. You'll be a part of an incredible community of coaches who are among the best at what they do. And you'll find yourself growing at a tremendous rate just being around our Work Less, Make More Coaches.
Our commitment to you is to provide you with extensive training and support. We've developed an extensive training program that includes a three-day live training, ongoing virtual training, annual conferences, special telediscussions, bi-weekly newsletter and participation in a weekly Success Team. We're here to help you.
Plus, we don't want or expect you to shut down what you're already doing to become a Work Less, Make More Coach. Not at all! We want you to use our system to enhance what you're already doing. It's about taking what you're already doing well and expanding it to a whole new level. Work Less, Make More will become something in your tool kit to use with clients and companies. Yes, we know it'll be the most powerful tool you have. We want you to keep what you're already doing in your business and expand it with our program.
2. Do I have to be a full-time coach/consultant to be a Work Less, Make More Coach?
No. We understand there are lots of coaches who are working part-time at building their businesses until there's enough income to support a full-time venture. And we're committed to helping part-time coaches speed up their transition to working as a full-time coach. However, those who are working at coaching full-time will likely get the fastest and highest return on investment. Our training program focuses on helping you build a powerful business development arm. How you apply what we're teaching you – that's up to you.
It is also important to note we only send client referrals to those coaches who are full-time coaches. We'll help you move into full-time status if that's your goal.
3. If I invest in this training, what can I expect for my money?
We've developed a special 90-day training program for coaches who have been through an accredited coach training school. Other coaches go through our program for six months – but we know you already know how to be a great coach. And this special 90-day program was designed with you in mind.
• A comprehensive three-day training program in Detroit
Here's a sampling of what you'll learn during this high-energy training:
- Experience the Work Less, Make More 10-step process.
- Articulate Work Less, Make More so a client gets what services you provide.
- Apply our proven client interview process.
- Use the nine rules you must follow to be a master at signing up clients.
- Leverage the relationships you already have to build your client base. Fast.
- Use our developed marketing materials to save you time, energy and money.
- Learn how to price a variety of coaching models for maximize revenue. (This one area will completely change how you price all your coaching services!)
- Articulate Work Less, Make More with individual clients and double what you're earning
- Distinguish between what makes a client a Work Less, Make More candidate and who isn't a good fit for this program.
- Use our extensive Work Less, Make More Welcome Pak to get a client started off in the right direction.
- Use our extensive assessments and materials to keep your clients with you for years to come.
- Work through our proven system for clients that gets results. (In 1999, 33% of our clients doubled their income and spent on average 4 less hours a week at the office. In 2000, 36% of our clients doubled their income and spent an average of 5 less hours at the office.Work Less, Make More works!)
- Use the "Create-A-Workshop" concept to customize a program for your audience without putting in any extra work.
- Use the Leader's Guide so you don't have to reinvent the wheel. This includes scripts, exercises, agendas, time frames and a comprehensive participant's manual.
- Practice articulating what Work Less, Make More really means so you can practice in front of your peer group.
- Determine your ideal target audience.
Yes, we know. We keep you very busy for three full days. We send you pre-work to complete before you arrive, and you'll immerse yourself in the Work Less, Make More philosophy when you're with us.
• A 90-day training program as part of a Success Team
Once a week, you'll meet with your Success Team led by one of our successful Work Less, Make More Coaches to continue learning key concepts about Work Less, Make More, provide support for each other, brainstorm ideas, develop marketing strategies and build an atmosphere that allows you to succeed at growing your business.
• Marketing and support materials
You'll receive a comprehensive, complete package of materials that give you everything you need to apply the Work Less, Make More philosophy for your clients. This package contains more than 500 pages of innovative material. You'll also receive every Work Less, Make More product we have including the book, audioseries, workbook, client welcome pak and Post-It note pad.
We're constantly adding to these materials to help you leverage your Work Less, Make More certification.
• Individual support
You'll receive individual support from your Success Team facilitator via email whenever you have a question or concern. Your facilitator is there to help you grow your business with Work Less, Make More.
• Additional training events
You'll have the opportunity to attend our annual Work Less, Make More conference that will involve additional training, new products, idea exchange, networking and a whole lot of fun. You won't want to miss this high-powered event.
• Community support
You'll also be a part of a fabulous community of accomplished and talented coaches who will become your friends, your colleagues and your support network.
4. How much does it cost to be trained to become a Work Less, Make More Coach?
The normal investment for coaches joining our team is $5,500. But because you've already been professionally trained (or are being trained) as a coach, your investment is only $4,000.
There are no royalities to be paid on any future business you conduct. And we do have special financing options that allow you to pay for your training over time.
In addition to the training fee, here's what you'll need to invest:
- Travel to Detroit (hotel and air).
- Long distance charges for one hour every week to participate in your Success Team for six months.
- Any optional training programs, retreats, or conferences you attend. You may attend the quarterly training programs as many times as you like for just $200.00 after your first time through. (This includes materials, light breakfast, lunch and two evening dinners.)
5. Is a finance plan available?
Yes. We have payment plans that allow you to pay as little as $550 per month for this training. Please contact us, and we'll walk you through the various options.
6. How long will it take for me to get a return on my investment?
That's up to you and will depend on how fast you get started, how much you focus on Work Less, Make More and what you charge for your Work Less, Make More coaching services.
Here's an example of how this may work:
a. If you pick up one client at $500 a month and keep them for 8 months, you would have paid off your initial investment.
b. If you pick up 8 clients at $500 per client, you will pay off your investment in one month. After one year, your return on investment is huge. You will have earned $44,000 in one year, net of your training fee.
Get the idea?
Just remember that $500 is on the low end of what our experienced Work Less, Make More Coaches are charging. If you offer face-to-face coaching programs, you can charge $1,000 and up each month. Pick up one client at $1,000 a month, and it'll take you four months to get a return. From then on, the rest is profit for you.
7. What is expected of me if I am accepted into this training program?
Now that's the right question to ask. We know that we can provide you with the best materials and the most comprehensive training, but unless you're willing to jump in and use our materials and system, it simply won't work for you.
First, you'll need to fill out our application which includes information such as a history of who you are, your background, your coaching experience, and your experience with your own coach. Please contact our office to get an application.
If you pass the first round of our application process, you'll be expected to complete a phone interview.
Here's what we expect from our Coaches:
- You will become a member of a Success Team that will meet every week via phone for an hour to create accountability for you and so we can provide additional training with you. These teams will meet virtually for six months with the group led by one of our Work Less, Make More Coaches.
- You'll purchase Work Less, Make More materials for your clients and workshop attendees every time you use our programs. This cost is typically passed on to your clients.
- You'll bring your brilliance, your gifts and 100% to taking the Work Less, Make More materials and applying them to your business. You understand that is your job to take our ideas and strategies and apply them for your success.
- We also host an annual conference each year that you'll definitely want to attend.
8. If I'm accepted for Work Less, Make More training, how soon can I get started?
As soon as you receive your Work Less, Make More training materials. In fact, we strongly encourage you to start working with our program immediately. The only way to truly understand what you're investing in is to start living it – in your own life and with clients. We'll help you get started as fast as you want.
9. Can I use Work Less, Make More with my corporate clients?
Yes, of course you can. But please know Work Less, Make More was designed for individuals and entrepreneurs. It works best with free agents, entrepreneurs, small business owners, sales people and crazied professionals. It also works extremely well with anyone looking to get more balance in their lives or those clients wanting to make a career change.
10. How many coaches can be involved in training at one time?
We'd like each Success Team to include 7 to 10 trainees. Therefore, our three-day training will be limited to 20 trainees per quarter. Remember, this program is not about quantity, it's about quality. We are limiting the number of people who train to become Work Less, Make More Coaches in order to ensure we only work with those who want to become the best of the best.
11. Can I see some examples of the printed materials I can use?
Absolutely, just click here.
12. How easy is it to be accepted for training and certification as a Work Less, Make More Coach?
We accept less than half of all coaches who apply for training and certification. If you're at all concerned about your qualifications, please contact us and one of our staff members guide you through our process.
13. Is the Work Less, Make More Program available to international participants?
If you live outside the United States, please contact us to open a discussion about expanding to your country.
14. Are there existing Work Less, Make More Coaches with whom I can talk about their experiences with your program?
Of course. Our coaches would love to speak with you. There are no secrets around here, and they're more than willing to tell you about their experiences with us. Again, get in touch with us.
Here's a sampling of what they say about our training program:
"I thought I learned all the great ideas in my coaching training with Coach University. Was I wrong! Becoming a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach has provided me with the well-known brand name that allows me to soar to the next level. Becoming a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach answers the question, 'What's Next?'
This field-tested approach, terrific top-of-the-line products, workshop, speeches, individual and group coaching -- this covers everything you could possibly want for every market niche you could imagine. Their superior marketing background and our accessibility to a professional publicist to help us promote events gives me the edge I was looking for. The traffic through this website alone, having my own special page and link, is worth the price of becoming certified.
But it just keeps getting better. You've really got to be ready to soar with the eagles if you link up with Work Less, Make More. I was always a super achieving frontrunner, but this association with the top coaches in the country has given me the confidence, the brand name, and most importantly, supercharged my drive and excitement about driving my practice to the level I'd always dreamed of. The range of income options simply wouldn't be available to me on my own. It's like entering a banquet room and being able to select from among the most delectable foods in the world. I can pile up my coaching practice plate with one gourmet option, or sample many or all of them. And the coolest thing is that I can keep coming back, trying this or that, and it's all been prepared for me by a world-class chef!
-- Dr. Mary D. Bell, PCC
"Work Less, Make More provides a structure and a technology for helping people to have saner lives that involve more of what they really want. Simple, right? That's what we all want! As a coach, having this process keeps me from having to reinvent the wheel every time I get started with a new client. As a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach, I really appreciate all the various tools, exercises and marketing vehicles that this program provides. Work Less, Make More is thorough, well thought out, comprehensive, and complete with all the bells and whistles you could possibly want. I love Jennifer's continuous improvement mindset, and I value knowing that her intention is to help me be successful!"
-- Barbara Poole, MCC
"Work Less, Make More is a 21st century tool chest of cutting-edge, sustainable and differentiating competitive advantages in today's complex and dynamic business environment. As a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach, this process provides a significant value-added partner truly interested in helping me succeed in delivering my business objectives with excellence. The 10-step framework kick started, revitalized and added velocity to my coaching practice. It is the next step in powerfully liberating your coaching business from acceptable to extraordinary. Jennifer White built Work Less, Make More on proven performance skills, strategic application, market penetration and continuous development. If you are ready to take your business to the next level, Work Less, Make More leadership, support, structure and technology will optimize your highest potential."
-- Sandy K. Kuehl, CPCC
"I'm so charged about being a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach. After a very successful 15 year corporate management career, I've built my coaching business over the last three years on my own. I had already decided that 2000 was my year to make major financial gains. However, my dilemma was that I LOVE my new life and didn't want to revert to my workaholic corporate ways. The opportunity to leverage the fabulous work that has already done with Work Less, Make More is exactly what I was looking for. I can apply proven tools and techniques while still maintaining my own independence, creativity and entrepeneurial lifestyle. Becoming a Certified Work Less, Make More Coach was the smartest thing I've done this year."
-- Diane Scholten
P.S. As you can see, I was wowed when I wrote this. But after going to our initial Core Team training meeting with Jennifer, I can tell you that I'm in AWE! This program is amazing! But what I'm really struck by is how totally effortless Jennifer has made it for all of us. We can use these materials, while retaining our own creativity, independence and individual spark. I can't imagine a better program. The materials you receive will blow you away!!"
15. How do I know if Work Less, Make More is a good fit for me?
If you're jazzed after reading through these frequently-asked questions, that's usually a good sign that our program is a good fit for you.
16. I want to apply to become a Work Less, Make More Coach. How do I begin the process?
Just download our Coach Training Application to start the application process.
Thank you for your interest in Work Less, Make More.
Home • About Us • Resources • Press Room • Contact Us
© 2010 JWC Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.